VASSAR COLLEGE Coach David AMES & the Msquash coaching team are ready to offer you an unbelievable week of training and insights in Playing Squash at College. But there is more. We will, towards the end of the week, play a college squash-like team event which will be livestreamed to college coaches all around the country.
Get to know Coach AMES, learn about Squash at College and play for all the other coaches.
Who is David?
Vassar college head squash coach, David Ames has over 20 years of coaching experience. Ames got introduced to Squash at age 8 and started coaching right after college. He tries to play Squash as much as he can and believes there is noting better than college Squash.
What topics will he focus on?
- Playing squash in college.
- Balancing academics and squash.
- The recruiting process and timeline.
- How to make the most out of your practice time.
- Improving your movement on court.
- Utilizing deception in your game.
- Squash specific strength.
- Yoga and flexibility training for squash.
- HIT training for squash.
How is Squash played in the USA?
Squash in the USA has changed a lot since I started playing. Up until the mid 90’s hardball was the game of choice. The court was narrower and the side walls were higher. Lobs were deadly and the ball bounced much differently. The game is growing rapidly now and I am constantly impressed by rising level of play amongst junior players!
COACH AMES WILL BE JOINING US:
- Just Coach Ames 07/26-20
- Just Coach Ames 08/02-6
- Together with Sam Todd 08/09-13
The MSquash Coaches Team leading this camp:
- Shaun Moxham, former coach to David Palmer and numerous national and European champions
- Katline Cauwels, former #39 and Belgian Champion, Coach of MSQUASH's Girls Academy
- Ollie Holland, European Junior Champion 2013, 5 x British National Champion, World #1 Juniors 2013
- Elliot Ridge, 2 x European Team Champion (England), UK #1 , Dutch Jr Open Champion
Guest Coach - DAVID AMES - VASSAR COLLEGE COACH
MSquash camps mean in-depth, high performance, fun squash camps, covering all aspects of the game, every day. Each half day contains of 4 training blocks, from movement training over technical work to matchplay, to interactiveSQUASH training and video analysis, and mindset sessions.
Players Rating -3.5
- 9am-12pm: squash training on the interactiveSQUASH and video analysis courts
- 12-1:30pm: lunch + recreational time
- 1:30-4pm: mindset training, movement training, video analysis
Players Rating +3.5
- 10am-12pm: physical training, T-T Mindset training & Video analysis
- 12-1:30pm: lunch + recreational time
- 1:30-4pm: squash training on the interactiveSQUASH and video analysis courts
Players can bring their own lunch or can order a lunch through MSQUASH.
Day Camp Pricing includes all squash training, camp take-aways, MSquash t-shirt and other surprise souvenirs. Players are recommended to bring a snack or some pocket money for snacks which can be purchased at MSquash.
Why MSquash camps matter and are different:
Shaun Moxham’s coaching team offers year round some of the most innovative and detailed coaching programs in the country. In the summer, we add to that some of the top college squash coaches and top squash players in the sport. Players enjoy camper to coach ratios as low as four to one for the highest level of personal attention to significantly improve their game.
We teach the players to become part of a champion minded environment, where resilience, humility, dedication, mindfulness, happiness and hard work are central values. We create a positive culture of fun and safety.
For players wanting to stay overnight, supervision from is required, however we can recommend hotel accommodation within 1mile walking distance.
Cancellation Policy: All camps cancelled 30 days prior to camp start will be fully refunded. Cancellations later than 30 days prior to camp start can be switched to other camp weeks or will not be refunded.